Now Open For Bidding
According to Seniority and Qualifications
Classification: Machinist & Maintenance Repair
Number Required: Two (2)
Work Week: Variable Pending Production Requirements
Shift: Rotating Pending Production Requirements
Rate: In accordance with the collective agreement
- Under limited supervision a maintenance mechanic is responsible for the proper installation, adjustments, repairs, lubrication, preventive maintenance and troubleshooting of milling, processing and packaging equipment.
- The position will require demonstrated experience in the areas of packaging equipment, pneumatics, welding, fabrication, machining, electrical diagnostics, PLC controllers, and instrumentation.
- Troubleshooting / repairs / installations of mechanical equipment
- Carry out oral / printed work requests and apply corrective measures in a timely fashion.
- Perform Preventative Maintenance and regular work orders and account for inventory and labour on computerized maintenance program.
- Machining and sheet metal for equipment repairs and / or upgrades to meet equipment and Food Safety specifications.
- Welding repairs and / or fabrication of equipment parts.
- Basic understanding of machine/ Programmable logic controllers (PLCs) interface.
- Maintain all production, packaging and labeling equipment.
- Communicate daily repair activity with all Dept. Supervisors / lead hands/ operators
- Accustom to working with computerized maintenance and inventory reporting system
- Candidates must have a valid Millwright Certificate of Qualification
- The successful candidate will have 2-3 years of experience in a manufacturing food processing environment
- 5+ years of strong mechanical skills and mechanical/electrical troubleshooting experience.
- Strong Preventive Maintenance (PM) background including experience developing Preventive Maintenance plans is desirable
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
- Self directed / motivated team player open to new technology with a sense of urgency and attention to detail
- Must be able to lift up to 45 pounds
- Must be able to climb stairs and ladders and work at elevated levels
- This job will require frequent bending and twisting of the back as well as working above shoulder height
Interested persons must submit the completed Bid Job Request Form to the Scheduling Office or Human Resources Department by 4.30pm on Monday, Sept4, 2017.
Posted: Phil Lustri, Human Resources Manager
Resumes can be sent to Phil.firstname.lastname@example.org.