Industrial Repair/Millwright Position
K+S Windsor Salt Ltd. Is involved in the mining, refining, and distribution of salt products and is currently seeking applicants for an Industrial Repair Person at the Windsor Evaporation Facility in Windsor, Ontario.
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, the Industrial Repairperson is responsible for welding and maintaining all mechanical equipment in accordance with all Ontario and Canadian standards and safety regulations in a team-oriented environment.
In the performance of your duties, you must be able to;
– Adhere to Health and Safety legislation as well as Company safety policies
– Maintain stationary and mobile industrial machinery and mechanical equipment
– Inspect and examine machinery and equipment to detect irregularities and malfunctions
– Adjust machinery and repair or replace defective parts
– Operate machine tools to fabricate parts required during overhaul, maintenance or set-up of machineries
– Ensure operating safety devices function properly on completion of repairs, modifications and installations
– Participate in the PM program on all equipment for continuous improvement of all machines
– Keep detailed and accurate maintenance reports and documentation utilizing tools and systems provided by the Company
– Clean, lubricate and perform other routine maintenance work
– Maintain a clean and environmentally safe work area
– Read and work off of blue prints
– Comply with SOPs and GMPs at all times
– Work extended hours (overtime), shift work, and weekends, especially when problems occur or when deadlines must be met. This includes call-ins as well.
– Exhibit a strong sense of ownership to the plant’s overall success.
Must be certified by the Ontario Ministry of Skills Development as a code welder for high pressure piping and can perform any of the following functions and holds certification in one of the following trades :
o Class A Mechanic
o Machine Repair
Must be able to competently apply knowledge and skills acquired during Certification.
Must have 8 years of provable experience in the trade classification and a minimum of 5 years experience in a manufacturing environment.
UNIFOR Local 252 is looking for two mechanics with an Ontario Millwrights License.
Location: Nestle, 72 Sterling Road, Toronto
Position: Night shifts, 11:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m. plus weekend OT.
$36 per/hr, plus benefits
If interested, please contact H.R. at 1 416-535-2181 ext. 5368